1. Find a victom, the lower level player this is, the better. When you make an account on runescape it does NOT ask you to put in recovery questions when making your character, it just warns you to when you log on. Of course people normally don't pay attention and read it due to it being small and unnoticable. This works even if they set them, but still just pointing it out.
2. Go to http://runescape.com/ and on the left hand side of the screen, look for "Recover a lost password" click it.
3. Type in the name of your victom in the little box, and click the arrow down to change your query, go to "Someone else has stolen my password" or "I have forgotten my password" Preferably, do "I have forgotten my password" as it is more efficient. Hit enter. Half way done.
4. A screen with pop up with all of these questions, watch how easy it is. Where you see the recovery questions, click the box that says "I did not set any recovery questions" And now just type in your email address in the box where it asks for the person's email address, then type in the new password you want it to be if all goes well.
5. Now just type in the "additional information" box at the bottem, a bunch of obvious things, such as if you are hacking a level 44 type in "I last logged in at 44" next look what the person was wearing, mage gear type in "I was training my magic" if they are a decent level say "I have been playing for over a year" now you just need one more, i normally choose to say "I can not input my passwords as i forgot them, and if i even filled in my recovery questions, last i checked they are normaly just random things i type in, sorry i thought they were just used when people try to hack you lol."
6. If it says "You did not put in enough information" that means they unfortunatly input recovery questions. But no fear! Click "Continue" and a number will pop up, open up notepad or wordpad, or microsoft word.. Whatever you choose and then type that number in. After that a window will ask you to in put the number to open a query for custemor support, copy and paste the number on both sides. After that a window will pop up saying "Your query has been submitted"
Congratulations! Just wait until you get an email or later on try to log in with the new password you typed in, it should work and they can not get the account back. If they haven't set recovery questions, your in more luck! Set your own and now they are PERMANENTLY locked out of the account. Have fun.
Edit: If you type your victom in for "I have forgotten my password" And the recovery questions pull up as
Recovery question 1: this
Recovery question 2: means they
Recovery question 3: didn't set their recovery questions. Such ashame
Recovery question 4: Any answer works
Recovery question 5: Then pristo!
or watch this instead: